Friday 5 March 2010

A Dizzy Moment

I am sorry that I won't be around to see them get old, that I won't be able to laugh at them, ridicule them, bark at them knowing full well that they can't hear me.

It was only a temporary slip up. I'm not doing it all the time. OK, so a lot of the time but even I have to admit that this was quite exceptional. A hard one to recover from, really.

She put down my food in the bowl on the floor. Yes, the same bowl which has inhabited more spaces than I care to remember and the same floor on which I was forbidden to walk not that long ago. I started tucking in (something I take the liberty of doing, uninvited, these days) and then horror struck. It was coming out of the other end. I tried to retreat but of course, I can't walk backwards these days and She had her legs in the way at the sink and bingo, by the time I'd done a six-point turn, negotiated my way around the washing basket, there it was. In the food.

This caused enough commotion to bring Him running whilst She stood there waving her hands about. I'm not sure that I could repeat this trick even if I wanted to. I get the impression that they don't want me to either.

No comments: