Wednesday 30 March 2011

And Another Thing ...

I'm not sure whether or not I should be flattered or insulted. They're getting a replacement. Not just any dog but another black Labrador. Should I accuse them of lacking imagination or congratulate them on their good taste? I don't know.

He's a fancy young dog. I watched them going to see his litter. It's quite handy being able to do that, you know. Like they turn on the TV, I can choose what to watch. Turning this way and that, snoozing, chasing squirrels. It really is quite heavenly. And I'm floating, so no pain at all. But enough about me. For now, at least.

Puppies. They spent ages gazing at the little black bundles as they tugged at trouser legs and undid their shoelaces. I would never have got away with that. Then they went to meet the parents. A handsome father and the mother wasn't bad either. It was Her who chose the puppy. Trust Her to go for the biggest. And it has been Her who has spent the last 4 days and 3 hours going around asking people what they should name the new arrival. How hard can it be? What's wrong with Monty?

He screwed up his face as each of her suggestions was sprung upon him. But I think she may have worn him down. She called for backup and got lots of good ideas from her friends. But only one of them has really hit the mark with Him. Peace may now reign once again as the incessant following of Him around the house asking 'Henry? Archie? Rufus?' will now finally end. However, the peace will be short-lived. In fact, there will be exactly 16 people sleeps of it until it is completely blown apart by the puppy. Then they will appreciate just how accommodating I was. And Hugo shall have to learn to live with my humans. I think that I shall have to take him under my wing.

2 comments:

dandeliongirl said...

yea! A name!

Kathryn's Daily Writing Workout said...

It's is such a relief. For everybody.