Thursday 1 January 2009

A Job Well Done

Pierre's kind comment yesterday reminded me of a strange occurrence the other day. He is obviously a man who says exactly what he thinks with no messing around leaving room for ambiguity or doubt. Now that's the sort of human I like. Very different from our new postman. Since we've moved here, I've been getting loads more walks and it's been the male human who's been taking me which is very strange. I'd like to think that it's for my benefit but I think that really, they don't want me to soil their precious garden but that's fair enough. So there we were, making pawprints in the frost on the pavement, he had the bag at the ready in his pocket and I stopped to do my business. The postman came steaming down the driveway of a house on his bicycle and greeted my human with 'It's a fresh one, isn't it?' Now, my human answered 'Yes, it is' but he was smirking all the way home. I don't think that he really knew what the postman was talking about but he obviously appreciated the exchange just the same. And they say that dogs are weird when they greet each other. Some things are better left unsaid.

No comments: