Wednesday 14 January 2009

Missing Me?

It's been a tough time: walk, sleep, walk, sleep, walk, sleep. The next thing will be that I'll be sleepwalking along the road. He keeps walking me. Never heard the expression 'let sleeping dogs lie?' Obviously not. These weirdos won't let me wander around the new garden. Okay, so I wanted to meet the neighbours. One of them's called Monty too and guess what? He's not a dog. I think that the real reason they won't let me loose out there is more to do with the neighbour and less to do with me urinating on the sprouts and leeks (I think there's something metaphorical going on there), He's just scared. Imagine, 'Monty! In! Now!' doesn't sound too good when addressed to a fellow-never-met-before-or-so-much-as-sniffed-each-other's-bottoms kind of person, does it? And so we walk. Mind you, revenge is sweet. Bearing in mind that he has to pick up after me, where's the most inconvenient place you can think of? Yep, the road itself. In little piles. Lined up like those mole things do on the grass verges. The downside to this is that now we walk even more briskly across the roads and it's not because he can see a car coming.

No comments: