Monday 14 July 2008

On being ignored

As you will have seen in recent photos, my home is the kitchen. Now for some bizarre reason - and this is not the first time, in fact, I'm pretty sure it happened last year too - they packed 15 of the little girl's size of humans into my room. They were dressed in every shade of grey you could think of and showing their teeth a lot. I have to say that it was much more bearable this time as I couldn't hear a thing but they all looked stronger and about half-human size this time so I felt a little overwhelmed. They each came with interesting boxes wrapped in paper and I got thrown into another room with the door shut. I was only being sociable. I even tried barking and no one let me out. I could smell nice things coming through the gap under the door. Still, they didn't mind me cleaning the floor up when they'd gone. Quite nice it was too.

2 comments:

pierre l said...

A great description Monty.I particularly liked the "shades of grey".

Kathryn's Daily Writing Workout said...

Thank you, Pierre!