Friday 4 July 2008

Christmas Day in July

She's been at it again; moving the furniture around. The table that was in the hallway is back in the kitchen (She moved it to one place and He moved it to another), the piano that was in the sitting room is now in the hallway, ditto for the two bookcases and the thing with the boxes of annoying toys is in the kitchen. If that's not bad enough - and let me tell you that it certainly is - the little boy human's enthusiasm for the box labelled 'Musical Instruments' was renewed by it's relocation. It reminded me of the frantic attention he pays to his toys at Christmas. And guess what? I couldn't hear a thing. Fantastic!

Later on, the little girl came in from that thing she does with a metal stick, hyped up on nice-smelling sugary goodies, insisting that there was a big fat turkey on the roof. Now, even I know that this was very unprobable. It was far more likely to have been one of those tasty pidgeons, just like the ones in bits on the lawn the other day. It wasn't me, honest....

The final bit of proof that they're all as barmy as each other came when the little boy came downstairs (this is something he gets told off for in the same way as I get into trouble for going upstairs)and he was wearing his Christmas pyjamas. I think He was the one who got him ready for bed. I rest my case and my weary head.

No comments: