Saturday 19 April 2008

You may have been wondering where I've been over the last couple of days, why I haven't written. The answer is that I haven't been anywhere at all. Not for a walk, anyway so I've nothing very interesting to write about. So I'm going to take the opportunity to have a moan. Now, I know you are probably thinking that this is totally out of character but sometimes things get quite intolerable and just have to be aired.

Firstly, there is the lack of the walk. This is totally unacceptable. Being too tired or busy is no excuse whatsoever. I hope she makes up for it this afternoon or I'll have to consider action.

Secondly, there was the visit to the vet. What was the point of that? It is very poor manners indeed to talk about someone as if they're not in the same room. It is even worse to poke around in their mouth, discuss their temperament and dental hygiene and not expect to be bitten. I hardly know him. Although, I do remember him, at least, which is more than could be said of the vet. I don't have to read my notes to remember that he sent me off on a jolly day out to see that nice lady at the dog hospital who did very expensive impressions of my condition. It was a fabulous place with carpets in reception but even better, they took me out to some lovely fields to see if they could get me to clear my throat like I do at home. It was worth every penny they spent on that trip just to see the man being made to run up and down the hill, having his recall tested by the nice lady whilst I jogged alongside him. Of course, I was fine but I think he needed a rest afterwards.

Anyway, the vet, having now remembered everything perfectly, was discussing whether I need an operation or not. And so she brought up the subject of my mouth and then the vet did an impression although not as good as the lady at the other place. He said it could be a rotten tooth. On his advice, she now keeps peering at me when I'm eating which is a bit off-putting as you can imagine. What she should be doing is peering at that miserable stripy cat instead; try putting him off what he was doing in the night last night. Jumped right over me with some creature in his mouth, tortured it for a while and then sat crunching it up loudly outside their bedroom door. Disgusting. The whole lot of them.

No comments: