Saturday 30 August 2008

An abandoned house

You know how I mentioned the other day about my visit to the Old Lady's house? Before we go any further, I want to address a sticky issue. It feels quite irreverent to be constantly referring her to as 'the Old Lady'. We were never formally introduced and she's clearly not a blood relative so I'm in a permanent quandary as to what I should call her. She responds to barks and sad eyes far quicker than anyone else and so for this reason I think that she deserves a proper name. Let's call her Special. Or how about Extra Special? Or Extra Special Person and then we can abbreviate it to ESP? After, her sensory perceptions are superior to those of the other humans in the house and she NEVER ignores me.

Anyway, ignored is what I was when we went to ESP's house yesterday (has a ring to it, doesn't it?) because she was actually there. First of all there was the tedious vacuuming and tidying in our house, they let in a nice smelling stranger and we all drove off in the car having left her there. Now, if that wasn't bizarre enough, when we got to ESP's house, they started ripping plants out of the garden. If that had been me, I would have been in so much trouble. In fact, they ripped out so much that they had to fill the car up three times and drive off with it to hide what they'd done.

Got to go, it's thundering and I've got to hide in a corner.

1 comment:

pierre l said...

Poor old Monty. There is clearly great upheaval in your life and your humans'. I do hope your humans are OK. Thanks for keeping us up to date, Monty.