Thursday 28 August 2008

A Pair of Shoes

Yet again, I find myself apologizing for my lack of blogging. And once again, I am going to blame my humans who seem to be obsessed with putting things away. But now, it's escalated to new proportions.

Yesterday, after the usual frantic wiping of things and spraying of disgusting smell in my direction, they went out. Nothing unusual there except that they took me with them in the car. I had to avoid sitting on that foul towel that She'd just taken out of the tumble drier, (the one with the brown splodges which, for some reason, they always put in the car if I'm going out on wheels) and off we went to the Old Lady's house.

We watched Neighbours, had a sniff around the garden, and we were off again. I was unceremoniously dumped back home and they drove away. Now, I got the distinct impression that I had been kept out of the house for a reason. Particularly when there was a strange aroma in the house. There had been visitors. But why on earth hadn't they left me there to greet them? Mind you, there's not a pair of shoes around these days so there's not much a dog can do. They don't seem to understand; if there's nothing lying around, humans entering the property just can't be welcomed properly.

No comments: