Friday 1 August 2008

Good times

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I've watched Him heaving bags, cushions, boxes and more bags into the boot of the car, take them out again, put them back in, shake his fists as they've fallen out and knocked over his can of beer that She gave him to combat what She calls 'packing anxiety' (this happened 3 times, believe it or not and a sleeping bag, a fold-up chair and a towel fell in the puddles on the ground) until the boot would finally shut. I believe that humans do this for fun but there is no observable element of this at all. I, on the other hand, am staying put and the luxury is coming to me. The old lady is coming to stay and we get on just fine. Well, more than fine, actually. She knows exactly how to behave. The only thing she doesn't know how to do is work the laptop so I won't be posting for a week. However, rest assured that I will be making mental notes; a creative being such as myself never rests. Like a policeman, I am never off-duty which really goes back to what I was saying the other day about us dogs being born to do our jobs. Anyway, I bid you all as fantastic a time as I anticipate for myself.

No comments: